PRAYERS FOR THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
This week we are praying for all those who live and work in:
- Elvaston Way
- Fairfield Avenue
- Fairfield Road
CALLING ALL KNITTERS
We have been asked to run the Market Stall at the Carleton Green Primary School Summer Fayre on the afternoon of Satuirday, 29th June. Could the “Pocket Pal” knitters please get their needles out again? A few pals delivered to Church by the Saturday morning would be much appreciated. If you are able to help on the stall please speak to Ralph Whittingham or Sarah Stone. Thank You.
Please can those who have booked for the Lancaster Canal Trip on July 10th pay either Betty Pilkington or Eileen Gee by the 30th June, as we have to pay in advance for the trip.
The residents and staff wish to thank the church for its recent response to their request for toiletries and various foodstuffs. As they always say to me on each delivery “greatly appreciated”.
Please continue to remember both residents and staff in your prayers.
Thank you, Derek Warrington
- The church is looking for a Musical Director to prepare and lead our choir, in singing in worship and possibly, on other musical occasions.
- The person needs to be knowledgeable in church and modern day music, and be able to accompany the choir on the piano for rehearsals.
- Anyone interested should speak to Rev Paul or any of the stewards.
THE NEW COMFORT ZONE
- Is now meeting regularly at St. Thomas’s Church, Caunce Street, Blackpool on Tuesday mornings and we continue to make 4 loaves of assorted sandwiches each week. These are very much appreciated, and together with the breakfast provided at the church help to give many a day’s meal.
- We are looking for more volunteers to make sandwiches both at home weekly (about once every 6 weeks) depending on the number of volunteers and in church – 3 people required once a month only.
- If you feel you are able to help please contact Lindy Clydesdale, Doreen Southern or Betty Mayhew.
On Saturday, 7th September at 2pm we are holding an Afternoon Tea for anyone interested in becoming a church member. There will be a short informal presentation given by Rev. Paul during which we will be having tea and cake. Harvest Sunday is on the 29th September, when it is hoped those interested will be made members. Please speak to Rev. Paul or any of the stewards if you wish to attend.
CHURCH WEEKEND AWAY
At Keswick Country House Hotel from 4th to the 6th October. More details and booking forms from May Gandhi.
In preparation for starting the work of refurbishment, we will be hiring a skip. Please, could all groups sort out their cupboards etc. ready to dispose of the rubbish.
An opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Christian Aid team. For details please contact Ann Carr.
We are looking for new volunteers for the Coffee Shop, especially at this time of Summer Holidays. If you could offer 2 or 3 hours a week/fortnight to serve on, could you please have a word with Pat Raynor or Eileen or Emma. Thank You.
THROUGH THE WEEK
2.00 pm THE MINISTER’S CLASS – Carol and Alan Sykes.
10.00 am HOUSEGROUP is continuing with part 5 of “The Extraordinary Life of Jesus of Nazareth”. Please be on the Chapel for 10.20 am ready to watch the DVD. All are welcome.
1.30pm to 2.30 pm THE PRAYER FELLOWSHIP meets in the Chapel. Prayer requests to Carol Sykes or Ron Rhodes. There are request slips in the pews and in Coffee Plus and these can be placed in the box in the entrance. Everyone is welcome to share a time of quiet reflection and prayers of intercession.
7.30 pm THE CHURCH FELLOWSHIP meets again for a relaxed discussion on matters of faith and life.
10.30 am COFFEE MORNING – The Choir
10.30 am to 12noon KNIT AND NATTER at church. Bring your own crafts with you. Everyone very welcome.